DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Priyanka remembers Haradhan Banerjee from 'Barfi!
The 87-year-old actor breathed his last in a Kolkata hospital after battling for life for 15 days.
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra has paid tribute to veteran actor Haradhan Bandopadhyay, with whom she shared screen space in her last outing 'Barfi!'.
Haradhan, who passed away on Saturday, was seen playing the head of an asylum and fondly termed as 'Daju' (elder brother) by Priyanka's character Jhilmil.
"Woke up to the saddest news. The wonderful actor who played Jhilmil's Daju in Barfi Mr Haradhan Banerjee passed away.. RIP sir.. You blessed us," Priyanka posted on Twitter.
The 87-year-old actor breathed his last yesterday in a Kolkata hospital after battling for life for 15 days. "For rest of our lives we will cherish golden moments spent with Haradhanda! At 87 He was younger than me at heart," 'Barfi!' director Anurag Basu posted on Twitter.
Haradhan had also worked in Pradeep Sarkar's 'Parineeta'. He had starred in Satyajit Ray's films like 'Shonar Kella' (Golden Fort), 'Jai Baba Felunath' and 'Mahanagar' among others.
He also worked with other renowned directors like Mrinal Sen and Ray's son Sandip Ray.
"In his mid 80's he was the youngest amongst us... Will miss you a lot Haradhan Jyethu (Uncle)...," posted actor Parambrata Chatterjee.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand