Priyanka remembers Haradhan Banerjee from 'Barfi!
The 87-year-old actor breathed his last in a Kolkata hospital after battling for life for 15 days.
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra has paid tribute to veteran actor Haradhan Bandopadhyay, with whom she shared screen space in her last outing 'Barfi!'.
Haradhan, who passed away on Saturday, was seen playing the head of an asylum and fondly termed as 'Daju' (elder brother) by Priyanka's character Jhilmil.
"Woke up to the saddest news. The wonderful actor who played Jhilmil's Daju in Barfi Mr Haradhan Banerjee passed away.. RIP sir.. You blessed us," Priyanka posted on Twitter.
The 87-year-old actor breathed his last yesterday in a Kolkata hospital after battling for life for 15 days. "For rest of our lives we will cherish golden moments spent with Haradhanda! At 87 He was younger than me at heart," 'Barfi!' director Anurag Basu posted on Twitter.
Haradhan had also worked in Pradeep Sarkar's 'Parineeta'. He had starred in Satyajit Ray's films like 'Shonar Kella' (Golden Fort), 'Jai Baba Felunath' and 'Mahanagar' among others.
He also worked with other renowned directors like Mrinal Sen and Ray's son Sandip Ray.
"In his mid 80's he was the youngest amongst us... Will miss you a lot Haradhan Jyethu (Uncle)...," posted actor Parambrata Chatterjee.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where