DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pro-Telangana parties to hold protest on Thursday
The Telangana Joint Action Committee said it would go ahead with the stir though police refused to grant permission for it.
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana parties and organisations would enforce a 'sadak bandh' (road blockade) on the Hyderabad-Bangalore highway on Thursday though police has denied permission for the protest. Demanding that the Centre accept the separate statehood demand immediately, they would block traffic at various places along the highway in Telangana region.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC), which has called for the programme, said it would go ahead with the stir though police refused to grant permission for it.
The road blockade will be held from Mahabubnagar district, neighbouring Kurnool district in Rayalaseema region, to Hyderabad. TRS has appointed party MLAs and MLCs as incharges for various places to enforce the road blockade.
BJP, which is in the forefront of the separate Telangana agitation, has also said party leaders would participate in the blockade at six places on the highway.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics