Pro-Telangana parties to hold protest on Thursday
The Telangana Joint Action Committee said it would go ahead with the stir though police refused to grant permission for it.
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana parties and organisations would enforce a 'sadak bandh' (road blockade) on the Hyderabad-Bangalore highway on Thursday though police has denied permission for the protest. Demanding that the Centre accept the separate statehood demand immediately, they would block traffic at various places along the highway in Telangana region.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC), which has called for the programme, said it would go ahead with the stir though police refused to grant permission for it.
The road blockade will be held from Mahabubnagar district, neighbouring Kurnool district in Rayalaseema region, to Hyderabad. TRS has appointed party MLAs and MLCs as incharges for various places to enforce the road blockade.
BJP, which is in the forefront of the separate Telangana agitation, has also said party leaders would participate in the blockade at six places on the highway.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement