Protest against celebration of Valentine's Day in Jammu
Hindustan Shiv Sena (HSS) said the celebrations were against the "culture and ethos of the country" and alleged that it promoted vulgarity.
Jammu: A local political group today held a protest against Valentine's Day celebrations in Jammu and burnt scores of cards meant for the occasion. The Hindustan Shiv Sena (HSS) said the celebrations were against the "culture and ethos of the country" and alleged that it promoted vulgarity.
"We are bitterly opposed to the vulgarity involved in (celebrating) Valentine's Day and all this is against the culture of Sanatan Dharma," HSS president Dimpy Kohli said. He questioned why the "youth were running after western culture where the meaning of love is not known to people in the real sense."
Kohli also said it was the duty of parents to advise their children against indulging in such activities.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless