Protest against title of film 'Azaan'
A lawsuit which alleges that the film's title is against the religious sentiments of muslims.
Muzaffarnagar: Entrepreneur-turned-actor Sachin Joshi's 'Azaan' is facing a lawsuit which alleges that the film's title is against the religious sentiments of muslims.
A local civil judge has issued notices against the film's producer, director and cinema hall owner here to reply in connection with a civil suit filed against the screening of the film here yesterday.
Judge AK Yadav has directed to reply to the show cause notices on the petition filed by two lawyers Kamran and Mohd Rizwan who have alleged that the naming of a film as 'Azaan' is against the religious sentiment of muslims.
Meanwhile, the film's screening at halls here has been stalled as several lawyers have opposed its showing. They have also submitted a memorandum to the city magistrate here and threatened to start agitation.
The film, also starring Playboy model Candice Boucher and Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat, is the story of an agent (Sachin Joshi) working for RAW with a mixed lineage of Afghan and Indian parents. As part of his duties, Joshi gets drawn into the murky world of espionage only to find his younger brother a suspected terrorist.
'Azaan' had its world premiere in Dubai last Thursday.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Watch: Special Broadcast On Surgical Strikes Across LoC
- India Briefs Envoys of 25 Countries After Army Conducts Surgical Strike