Countdown begins for PSLV-C 15 launch
The countdown for the launch from Satish Dhawan Space Centre began at 6.52 am on Saturday.
Chennai: The over 50-hour count down for the 17th flight launch of ISRO'S Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C 15 from Sriharikota spaceport began on Saturday.
The countdown for the launch from Satish Dhawan Space Centre scheduled at 9.22 am on Monday, began at 6.52 am on Saturday, ISRO officials said.
"The countdown is progressing well and the launch will be as per schedule," ISRO spokesperson S Satish told PTI.
He said preparations are in full swing and all parameters for the launch of PSLV-C-15, which would put five satellites, into the orbit, were doing well.
These satellites include remote sensing satellite Cartosat-2B from India, Alsat from Algeria, nano satellites from Canada and Switzerland and a pico (very small) satellite called Studsat built by seven engineering students in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
The PSLV launch was to take place on May 9 last but was postponed because of a drop in the pressure in the vehicle's second stage. This would be the first mission by ISRO after the failure of India's ambitious home-made cryogenic engine powered GSLV-D3 in April last.
Satish said the satellite would help in urban planning and infrastructure development such as laying ring-roads and rerouting of highways.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards