DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Puducherry: Bride says no to marriage, man marries guest
The groom and his parents did not lose heart and decided to ensure that the marriage took place to one of his relatives.
Puducherry: A 20-year-old woman's sudden decision on stage not to tie the knot with the groom at a village in neighbouring Tamil Nadu did not deter his parents, who got him married him off at the same venue to a relative. The woman refused to accept the mangalsutra on stage.
On persuasion by relatives, she came back and declared that she did not wish to get married now and walked off. But she did not disclose the reason for not marrying the man, an employee in a private firm in Villupuram district, sources said.
Police arrived at the scene and tried in vain to ascertain the reason for her decision. The bride and her parents later left the venue, they said. However, the groom and his parents did not lose heart and immediately decided to ensure that the marriage took place to one of his relatives, a nurse in a private nursing home in Villupuram district.
The nurse was brought to the venue, suitably attired with bridal finery by staff at a beauty parlour in the hall and the marriage solemnised, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan