Pune blasts suspect lifted bags from IAC rally site
Dayanand Patil told police that he picked up two bags from the IAC protest venue and soon enough, one of them exploded.
Pune: The protesters of India Against Corruption on Thursday suspended their agitation for a day in blast-hit Pune after the police told them to pack-up and leave so that investigations were carried on smoothly.
IAC member Deepak Bharadia said, "We have suspended our protest for today."
Meanwhile, the man who was detained for questioning in connection with the blasts turned out to be a local tailor.
Dayanand Patil, who was detained on Wednesday evening, told investigators that he had picked up the bag from near the IAC venue and then later realised that he had also picked up another bag which was heavy and as he was about to examine it, it exploded.
The police are yet to give Patil a clean chit in the case.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology