Pune building collapse: Death toll climbs to 11
According to Pune Municipal Corporation the building was an unauthorised construction and a notice had already been served on its owners for demolition.
Pune: The death toll in the Pune building collapse has climbed to 11. The four-storied residential building was under construction when it collapsed in the Sahakar Nagar area on Monday afternoon.
Ten people were pulled out alive from under the rubble.
The rescue operation ended at 5 am on Monday. The cause of the collapse is yet to be determined.
According to a Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) spokesman, the building was an unauthorised construction and a notice had already been served on its owners for demolition.
Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak said PMC would file a complaint against the owners following the mishap. According to sources, most of the victims were construction workers staying in the precarious structure.
Chief Fire Officer Prashant Ranpise earlier said that the accident took place when the slab was being placed on the under-construction structure. "We got a call around 1.45 pm. The building was under construction. The slab work was going on... As labourers were working, the building collapsed," he said.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- US has Now Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India