Pune building collapse: Death toll climbs to 11
According to Pune Municipal Corporation the building was an unauthorised construction and a notice had already been served on its owners for demolition.
Pune: The death toll in the Pune building collapse has climbed to 11. The four-storied residential building was under construction when it collapsed in the Sahakar Nagar area on Monday afternoon.
Ten people were pulled out alive from under the rubble.
The rescue operation ended at 5 am on Monday. The cause of the collapse is yet to be determined.
According to a Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) spokesman, the building was an unauthorised construction and a notice had already been served on its owners for demolition.
Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak said PMC would file a complaint against the owners following the mishap. According to sources, most of the victims were construction workers staying in the precarious structure.
Chief Fire Officer Prashant Ranpise earlier said that the accident took place when the slab was being placed on the under-construction structure. "We got a call around 1.45 pm. The building was under construction. The slab work was going on... As labourers were working, the building collapsed," he said.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone