250 arrested in Pune rave party
Police have also detained two alleged drug peddlers and suggest that the drugs were worth Rs 3 crore.
New Delhi: In a pre-dawn raid on a rave party organised by suspected international drug peddlers in Pune, some 250 youths, including 27 girls and seven foreigners, were arrested.
Besides foreigners, most of those detained are students. Police have also detained two alleged drug peddlers and suggest that the drugs were worth Rs 3 crore. Investigations are now on to find out how these drugs were brought into the city.
"In today's raid, which comes close on the heels of three similar operations, seven foreigners from countries such as Germany, Iran and Palestine have also been arrested," PTI quoted District Superintendent of Police Vishwas Nagare Patil saying.
Among the foreigners arrested in the raid, two each were from Germany and Iran and three were Palestinians.
"One Shania, a drug pedlar from Ireland, who was to attend the rave party is absconding," Patil said.
Patil said the police did not rule out the possibility of the involvement of international drug peddlers.
"We are looking for a woman from Ireland who is the prime suspect behind the main supply of narcotics in Sunday's party", Patil added.
All those arrested in the raid have been booked under the NDPS Act and Foreigners Act while the police are also thinking of invoking provisions of IT act against them because the invitations for the party were sent via the internet, he said.
With agency inputs
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar