Three arrested in Pune over software engineer's murder
Alleged murderers took away Naina's ATM card, withdrew cash, say cops.
Pune: The Pune police on Friday arrested three persons in the murder of software engineer Naina Pujari who was found dead two days ago.
Naina had been missing since she left from her workplace on Wednesday.
Police in Pune claim they have solved the murder of the young software engineer Naina by arresting two cab drivers and a security guard along with another accomplice. The trio, along with another accomplice who is absconding, had allegedly abducted Naina after she got into their share cab on the night of October 7.
She was later found raped and brutally murdered; her jewellery were stolen and her ATM cards were used to withdraw money.
The Additional CP (Crime) Pune, Anant Shinde said, "They took away her ATM card, as well as her password. They also withdrew Rs 61,000 from her account, using the card."
This is the second such case in the IT hub of Pune in recent years. In November 2007, a call centre associate Jyotikumari Chaudhary was raped and murdered by the driver of her office cab.
Police in Pune have once again warned software companies to be more careful about transportation for their female employees.
Shinde said, "It is the responsibility of the outsourcing company to ensure that the female employees have a way to get in touch with their offices if they suspect trouble."
The search is still on for the fourth accused, another cab driver who is since absconding.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer