Pune: Naked man runs amok in school
The man identified as Rajesh from Orissa has been handed over to the Yerwada Mental Hospital.
Pune: There was chaos at a Cantonment-run school on Wednesday morning and the police had to be called in after a mentally deranged man roamed around the campus stark naked. The man identified as Rajesh from Orissa has been handed over to the Yerwada Mental Hospital by the Wanowrie police.
Anita Salunke, principal of Pune Cantonment-run Dr Ambedkar Memorial School said that the individual entered the school premises around 11 am on Wednesday. "The annual exam is on in our school and the paper gets over at 2 pm.
The person became uncontrollable after guards tried to drive him out from our premises. As it was time for students to come out, I decided to bring the matter to the notice of the police," Salunke said.
Salunke said that the person had stripped naked and, therefore, she had to call the the police. She added that an awkward situation was averted as the police reached just in time.
A school staffer said, "The naked man entered the school premises, but we drove him out. He returned at 1 pm and that's when we called the police."
The staff added that the intruder grabbed a girl student and almost led to two women bikers falling off their two-wheelers when he suddenly lay down in the middle of the road. A Wanowrie police station official said, "The court declared the man mentally ill and he will be in the custody of Yerwada Mental Hospital."
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- Kareena Kapoor Rings In Her 36th Birthday With Ranbir, Karisma, Saif Ali Khan
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?