Pune: Police busts a rave party; young businessmen arrested
Police suspect a sex racket angle since there were 12 bargirls in the party, which was held in a secluded place.
Pune: The Lonavala police on Wednesday busted a rave party and arrested 52 people, including 12 bargirls and 40 young businessmen from Mumbai, an official said in Lonavala. The party was held in a secluded private bungalow near Apati village, off the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
In an early morning swoop, police nabbed the heavily intoxicated revellers who had created ruckus the whole night, disturbing the villagers. Police have seized several bottles of Indian and imported liquors and some unidentified narcotics, which have been sent for analysis.
According to a tip-off, the party started around 8.00 pm on Tuesday night in the bungalow, reportedly owned by a Mumbai businessman, Goldie Chopra.
Police suspect a sex racket angle since there were 12 bargirls from Mumbai and other parts while all the men were from Mumbai, barely an hour's drive from the village.
Given the strict watch on such rave parties by the authorities, the participants were lured on the pretext that the huge bungalow was in a thickly forested area, and a considerable distance away from the Apati village. All the revellers have been sent for medical tests to Kanhephata medical centre and further action will be taken after the reports are received, police said.
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- Delhi: Street kids celebrate Diwali, spread message of harmony
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter