Pune: Police busts a rave party; young businessmen arrested
Police suspect a sex racket angle since there were 12 bargirls in the party, which was held in a secluded place.
Pune: The Lonavala police on Wednesday busted a rave party and arrested 52 people, including 12 bargirls and 40 young businessmen from Mumbai, an official said in Lonavala. The party was held in a secluded private bungalow near Apati village, off the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
In an early morning swoop, police nabbed the heavily intoxicated revellers who had created ruckus the whole night, disturbing the villagers. Police have seized several bottles of Indian and imported liquors and some unidentified narcotics, which have been sent for analysis.
According to a tip-off, the party started around 8.00 pm on Tuesday night in the bungalow, reportedly owned by a Mumbai businessman, Goldie Chopra.
Police suspect a sex racket angle since there were 12 bargirls from Mumbai and other parts while all the men were from Mumbai, barely an hour's drive from the village.
Given the strict watch on such rave parties by the authorities, the participants were lured on the pretext that the huge bungalow was in a thickly forested area, and a considerable distance away from the Apati village. All the revellers have been sent for medical tests to Kanhephata medical centre and further action will be taken after the reports are received, police said.
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA