DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pune: Rally held for 2009 Pujari gangrape, murder case
Participants of the rally demanded arrest of the four accused and fast-tracking of the 2009 case.
Pune: A rally was held in Pune on Saturday to demand justice for an IT professional who was reportedly gangraped and murdered by four persons in 2009 while she was on her way home from work. The main accused in the Nayana Pujari case had fled in 2011 and is still on the run.
The rally began at Pune's historic Shaniwar Wada area and wound its way to the Pune police commissioner's office, where participants demanded the arrest of the accused and fast-tracking of the case.
Two of the accused in the case were cab driver and security guard of Pujari's company. The main accused Yogesh Raut fled from police custody in 2011 after taking the help from a police constable.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh