Pune: Rally held for 2009 Pujari gangrape, murder case
Participants of the rally demanded arrest of the four accused and fast-tracking of the 2009 case.
Pune: A rally was held in Pune on Saturday to demand justice for an IT professional who was reportedly gangraped and murdered by four persons in 2009 while she was on her way home from work. The main accused in the Nayana Pujari case had fled in 2011 and is still on the run.
The rally began at Pune's historic Shaniwar Wada area and wound its way to the Pune police commissioner's office, where participants demanded the arrest of the accused and fast-tracking of the case.
Two of the accused in the case were cab driver and security guard of Pujari's company. The main accused Yogesh Raut fled from police custody in 2011 after taking the help from a police constable.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Happy Birthday Prabhas: 6 of His Unforgettable Performances
- Prabhas Dismisses Reports of Working In Dhoom 4
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control