Pay Rs 1,000 for spitting in swine flu-hit Pune
PMC announced the hike from present Rs 25 to Rs 1,000.
Pune: Spitting in public places in Pune can now cost you Rs 1,000 with Pune Municipal Corporation announcing the increased fine in view of swine flu pandemic in the city.
The corporation announced the hike from present Rs 25 to Rs 1,000 with effect from Saturday.
An order issued by PMC commissioner Mahesh Zagde said the measure was taken because the H1N1 virus can "remain alive in sputum for eight to nine hours".
The nuisance detection squads of civic administration would take action against the offender.
The Commissioner issued the order using special powers vested in him under Bombay Provincial Municipal Corporation Act to deal with epidemics.
The virus has so far claimed 61 lives in the city since August 3 with unceasing number of fresh positive cases being reported daily.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory