Pune: Woman jumps to death after throwing daughters into river
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known.
Pune: A woman threw her three daughters into a river killing them and later jumped to death in Daund town in Pune, the police said on Thursday. The 26-year-old took her four daughters to a bridge over river Bhima on Wednesday and threw three of them - aged one and a half, four and six - from a height of over 100 ft even as the seven-year-old, the eldest of the siblings ran away to save her life.
After killing the three girls, the mother, Afrin Shaikh, too jumped to death. All the four had drowned by the time people rushed to the river bank to save them, police said.
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known. The woman's husband is a truck driver.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event