DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pune: Woman jumps to death after throwing daughters into river
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known.
Pune: A woman threw her three daughters into a river killing them and later jumped to death in Daund town in Pune, the police said on Thursday. The 26-year-old took her four daughters to a bridge over river Bhima on Wednesday and threw three of them - aged one and a half, four and six - from a height of over 100 ft even as the seven-year-old, the eldest of the siblings ran away to save her life.
After killing the three girls, the mother, Afrin Shaikh, too jumped to death. All the four had drowned by the time people rushed to the river bank to save them, police said.
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known. The woman's husband is a truck driver.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Junaid Takes a Dig at Kohli Ahead of Indo-Pak Clash
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi