Pune: Woman jumps to death after throwing daughters into river
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known.
Pune: A woman threw her three daughters into a river killing them and later jumped to death in Daund town in Pune, the police said on Thursday. The 26-year-old took her four daughters to a bridge over river Bhima on Wednesday and threw three of them - aged one and a half, four and six - from a height of over 100 ft even as the seven-year-old, the eldest of the siblings ran away to save her life.
After killing the three girls, the mother, Afrin Shaikh, too jumped to death. All the four had drowned by the time people rushed to the river bank to save them, police said.
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known. The woman's husband is a truck driver.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Japanese Encephalitis Declared as Notifiable Disease
- Ink Thrown at Union Minister JP Nadda in AIIMS Bhopal
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits