Punjab: 65-year-old man kills self after shooting wife
Police said Kaur Singh, died on the spot while his wife Amarjit Kaur is undergoing treatment at a Rajindra Hospital in Patiala.
Sangrur: A man on Wednesday allegedly shot at his wife and later killed himself with his licensed gun after a verbal duel over his drinking habit.
The deceased, identified as Kaur Singh (65), died on the spot while his wife Amarjit Kaur is undergoing treatment at a Rajindra Hospital in Patiala, police said in Sangrur.
The couple, residents of Khanal Kalan village, got into an argument after Kaur objected to her husband keeping a stock of liquor bottles at home.
Infuriated over it, Singh shot at his wife with .12 bore licensed gun and thereafter shot himself. Further investigations are on, SSP Harcharan Singh Bhullar added.
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Sunita Williams greets Indians from space on Diwali
- Obama wishes 'Happy Diwali', praises resilience of Sikhs
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- UP Police to Celebrate Diwali at Old Age Homes, Orphanages
- Light Up Your Diwali With These Quick DIY Tips