Punjab bus gangrape: Six arrested, search on for last accused
The victim was travelling in a bus to her in-laws' village when the bus driver and conductor forcibly took her to Gurdaspur.
Gurdaspur: Six men were arrested by the Punjab Police on Saturday for allegedly gangraping a 29-year-old married woman in this frontier district, police said. The victim, in her complaint to police, said that she was travelling in a bus to her in-laws' village, Gukla, on Friday evening when the bus driver and conductor forcibly took her to Gurdaspur, 260 km from Chandigarh.
She alleged that the duo took her on a motorcycle on Friday night to an unknown location where five other men joined them.
The victim alleged that she was gangraped by the seven men, including the bus driver and conductor, on Friday night and she was dropped off at the village on Saturday morning.
She complained to the police at Kahnuwan town. Police said that her medical examination confirmed rape. "We have arrested six accused while raids were being conducted to arrest the last one. All have been booked for rape," a police officer said.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right