DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Violent clashes between lawyers, police in Chandigarh, Jaipur
In Chandigarh, lawyers demanded the cancellation of an FIR against some advocates while in Jaipur, lawyers demanded cheaper homes.
Chandigarh/Jaipur: There were violent scenes in Chandigarh and Jaipur as lawyers clashed with police in two separate incidents in the cities. While the police in Chandigarh fired water cannons at the protesting lawyers, the police in Jaipur fired teargas shells at the agitating lawyers.
In Chandigarh, The Punjab and Haryana High Court lawyers clashed with police in front of the Punjab governor's house protesting against an FIR filed against some advocates for allegedly thrashing a policeman on February 26.
While the lawyers demanded the cancellation of the FIR against the advocates, the police maintained that the FIR will not be cancelled. The Punjab and Haryana High Court has not seen any work for the past two days as the lawyers have refused to work till the FIR is cancelled.
On the other hand, in Jaipur, lawyers and police clashed with each other outside the Rajasthan Assembly on Wednesday as the lawyers were demanding better pay and cheaper homes when the clash happened.
Teargas shells were fired on protesting lawyers in Jaipur and the police also lathicharged them. The Rajasthan Bar Association has called an indefinite strike and reportedly 30 lawyers have been injured in the clash.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh