Violent clashes between lawyers, police in Chandigarh, Jaipur
In Chandigarh, lawyers demanded the cancellation of an FIR against some advocates while in Jaipur, lawyers demanded cheaper homes.
Chandigarh/Jaipur: There were violent scenes in Chandigarh and Jaipur as lawyers clashed with police in two separate incidents in the cities. While the police in Chandigarh fired water cannons at the protesting lawyers, the police in Jaipur fired teargas shells at the agitating lawyers.
In Chandigarh, The Punjab and Haryana High Court lawyers clashed with police in front of the Punjab governor's house protesting against an FIR filed against some advocates for allegedly thrashing a policeman on February 26.
While the lawyers demanded the cancellation of the FIR against the advocates, the police maintained that the FIR will not be cancelled. The Punjab and Haryana High Court has not seen any work for the past two days as the lawyers have refused to work till the FIR is cancelled.
On the other hand, in Jaipur, lawyers and police clashed with each other outside the Rajasthan Assembly on Wednesday as the lawyers were demanding better pay and cheaper homes when the clash happened.
Teargas shells were fired on protesting lawyers in Jaipur and the police also lathicharged them. The Rajasthan Bar Association has called an indefinite strike and reportedly 30 lawyers have been injured in the clash.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief