DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Punjab: Man killed by eve teaser for protecting daughter
Suman Kumar was brutally murdered by Sabi, who also resides in Kot Majlis village under Qila Lal Singh Police Station on Friday night.
Batala: A man was hacked to death by a youth while trying to protect his daughter from the eve teaser in the Kot Majlis village, police said on Saturday. Suman Kumar was brutally murdered by Sabi, who also resides in Kot Majlis village under Qila Lal Singh Police Station on Friday night, they said.
According to police, Kumar on several occasions had asked Sabi to stop eve teasing his daughter and six months back he had brought the issue to the knowledge of village Panchayat.
On Friday evening, Sabi went near the girl's house and Kumar raised an objection over the issue, police said.
Sabi went back and returned soon after with a sharp-edged weapon, they said adding, the youth murdered Kumar with the weapon and managed to escape.
On the complaint made by Kumar's wife Geeta, a case under various sections of IPC has been registered against Sabi.
Recommended For You
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh