Punjab: NRI acquitted in murder of former MLA NS Gill
NRI had surrendered before court following his return from Canada in 2009, after finding that a criminal case was pending against him in this connection.
Moga: An NRI, accused of killing a former MLA and father of ex-Punjab DGP in 1991, was on Wednesday acquitted of the charge by a local court, which held that the Canadian was falsely implicated in the case. Jagdev Singh was booked on the charge of killing NS Gill, a former MLA and father of ex Punjab DGP PS Gill.
District and Sessions Judge Karamjit Singh Kang held that the prosecution "completely failed" to establish its case and the defence satisfied the court that the accused was falsely implicated. Jagdev had surrendered before court following his return from Canada in 2009, after finding that a criminal case was pending against him in this connection.
He had been out on bail. The defence pleaded that the police filed a chargesheet against Jagdev despite the fact that he was not in India when the murder had taken place.
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh