Punjab police brutality: Woman files fresh complaint
The complaint would be probed by ADGP (Crime) Jasminder Singh who would be assisted by the IG border Range.
Tarn Taran: A fresh criminal complaint was on Wednesday filed by the girl who was allegedly thrashed by policemen in full public view at Goindwal Road in the district. The girl has filed a fresh complaint, alleging that she and her father were being thrashed by two cops on Sunday when she complained to them after being molested by a truck driver and his accomplices, Inspector General Police (IG) of Border Range Amritsar RP Mittal said.
The complaint would be probed by ADGP (Crime) Jasminder Singh who would be assisted by the IG border Range, Mittal said, adding that the probe in the case is now progressing on fast pace.
He said the ADGP (Crime) during the probe would also verify the the facts of the complaint. The probe will be completed by tomorrow, the IG added. Earlier, last evening vice chairman, National Commission for Schedule Caste(NCSC) Raj Kumar Verka who visited the girl at Tarn Taran has taken a serious note of the incident and asked the top police officials to complete the enquiry within a week period.
The 22-year-old girl was returning home along with her father after attending a marriage function when the accused started to tease her besides passing vulgar comments. When she and her father approached the nearby police picket, both were beaten up by the policemen on duty, who allegedly let off the accused after accepting bribe, the girl said in her complaint.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP