Punjab: Policeman shot dead for protecting daughter
The policeman was killed after he had an argument with some miscreants, including an Akali Dal activist.
Amritsar: A policeman was on Wednesday murdered in full public view after he opposed to some men, allegedly including an Akali Dal activist, who were misbehaving with his daughter. Assistant sub-inspector Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead from point blank range in Chehertha locality in Amritsar.
The police official was shot dead following an argument with the assailants, who later managed to escape from the spot in a car, Police Commissioner Ram Singh said. The key accused has been identified as Shiromani Akali Dal district urban secretary Ranbir Singh Rana, Singh said, adding that a police team has been sent to arrest the accused.
Ravinderpal was rushed to the hospital with heavy bleeding where he was declared brought dead, he said. He had reached the spot after being informed by her daughter, a bank employee, who had earlier also complained that she was chased and teased by these youths, he said.
According to Singh, she had told her father that the group of youth would regularly intercept her while on her way to office and pass lewd comments.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again