DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Punjab: Stepfather forcibly marries minor daughter
Mother of girl in her complaint said that, Malik took the girl along to Jammu on the pretext of getting her 'Aadhar' card made.
Gurdaspur: In a shocking incident, a step-father allegedly married his minor daughter after forcibly taking her in Jammu on the pretext of getting her 'Aadhar' card. The incident came to light when the girl's mother, lodged a complaint against her husband, Pardeep Malik, following which police conducted raid at his house in Shahzada colony in Gurdaspur and rescued the girl, police said on Saturday.
However, the accused managed to escape from the place while a case of abduction was registered against him, they said. A medical examination of the girl was also carried out to ascertain whether the girl was raped, police said. According to police, the mother of girl in her complaint said that on May 5, Malik took the girl along to Jammu on the pretext of getting her 'Aadhar' card made.
After getting married to her, Malik returned to his house in Gurdaspur, they said. The girl was handed over to her mother after conducting her medical examination, police said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere