Punjab: Stepfather forcibly marries minor daughter
Mother of girl in her complaint said that, Malik took the girl along to Jammu on the pretext of getting her 'Aadhar' card made.
Gurdaspur: In a shocking incident, a step-father allegedly married his minor daughter after forcibly taking her in Jammu on the pretext of getting her 'Aadhar' card. The incident came to light when the girl's mother, lodged a complaint against her husband, Pardeep Malik, following which police conducted raid at his house in Shahzada colony in Gurdaspur and rescued the girl, police said on Saturday.
However, the accused managed to escape from the place while a case of abduction was registered against him, they said. A medical examination of the girl was also carried out to ascertain whether the girl was raped, police said. According to police, the mother of girl in her complaint said that on May 5, Malik took the girl along to Jammu on the pretext of getting her 'Aadhar' card made.
After getting married to her, Malik returned to his house in Gurdaspur, they said. The girl was handed over to her mother after conducting her medical examination, police said.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show