DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Punjabi singer thrashed after refusing to sing at a wedding
Babbu Chandigarhia alias Shubash, a local Punjabi singer, had gone to attend a marriage party in Mohali.
Chandigarh: A Punjabi singer was thrashed by some unknown persons allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis at a marriage function in Mohali near here, police said on Tuesday. Babbu Chandigarhia alias Shubash, a local Punjabi singer, had gone to attend a marriage party at the lawns of Punjab Cricket Association stadium at Mohali on Monday night.
At the function some youths asked the singer to sing at the function, police said. However, he refused to oblige saying he was at the function as a guest and not as a singer. This infuriated the youths allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis who thrashed him.
Police said that guilty would not be spared at any cost. Meanwhile, sources said the party was organised in connection with the marriage of a distant relative of an Akali leader Balwant Singh Ramoowalia.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande