Puri-Durg Express rams into a goods train, no casualty
Senior railway and police officials have rushed to the site to supervise track clearance operation.
Bhubaneswar: Puri-Durg Express rammed into a stationary goods train near Mancheswar on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar on Wednesday night but there was no casualty or injury, railway sources said. There was no injury to anyone and all the passengers were safe after 18425 Puri-Durg Express hit the stationary goods train from behind at Kalajhari near Mancheswar, an East Coast Railway (ECoR) spokesman said.
The Talcher-bound goods train from Visakhapatnam had stopped due to a snag in its engine when the express train hit it from the rear, he said adding four wagons and the brake van of the goods train derailed under the impact. However, no damage was caused to Puri-Durg Express train which was moving at a slow speed and came to a halt after the incident, sources said.
Rail traffic on busy Chennai-Howrah route was disrupted for a couple of hours and about a dozen trains were stranded at different locations following the accident, railway officials said. Senior railway and police officials have rushed to the site to supervise track clearance operation for which men and machinery were pressed into service.
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together Says PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Watch: Gloves Off Ahead Of Sushma's UN Speech
- Sushma Swaraj at UNGA: As it Happened