Lawyer murder: Accused sent to police custody
The Mumbai Crime Branch is likely to book Sajjad Ahmed's agency under the Security Agencies Regulation Act.
New Delhi: The alleged killer of the Mumbai lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha, security guard Sajjad Ahmed was on Saturday sent to police custody till August 17.
The Mumbai Crime Branch has said that private guards are now under its scanner as this was the third murder of a woman in an apartment in the city.
In Pallavi's case, the crime branch is likely to book Sajjad's agency under the Security Agencies Regulation Act.
The Mumbai Police will also initiate the verification of such agencies.
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution