DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Quack beheaded, Maoist hand suspected
Vijay Kumar had left home on 27 February 2013 but did not return home, leading the family members to lodge a report at Kharswan police station.
Jamshedpur: Suspected CPI (Maoists) beheaded a quack at Hudagada village in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand, police said on Sunday. The torso of the victim, identified as Vijay Kumar Dey (37 yrs) a quack, and the severed head were found lying within a distance of 15 metres on Saturday.
Dey had left home on the afternoon of February 27, 2013 but did not return home, leading the family members to lodge a missing report at Kharswan police station on March 1, 2013. Superintendent of Police, Upendra Kumar, however, said Dey had a link with the ultra outfit as he used to provide treatment to its cadres and supply medicines to them.
Admitting that a Maoists poster was recovered from near the spot owning responsibility for Dey's killing, Kumar said prima facie it seemed to be the handiwork of the Maoists "but we can not rule out outright that it could be a ploy of the culprits to misguide police."
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Ssumier Pasricha, Mallika Dua: Meet the Most Viral People on Internet
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO