DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Al-Qaeda plot to kill Queen Elizabeth foiled
Al-Qaeda had planned to kill the Queen at the Commonwealth meet in Uganda.
New Delhi: The Uganda Government has revealed that al-Qaeda-backed terrorists had hatched a plot to assassinate Commonwealth leaders including Queen Elizabeth II, at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting last November.
Uganda says these terrorists were posing as a TV crew with explosives hidden in a broadcasting van.
Two broadcast vans belonging to the Uganda Broadcasting Corporation laden with home made bombs, were seized by para-military police.
The Queen, Prince Philip, and Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla had all travelled to the east African nation's capital for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in November last year.
The Uganda government says several suspected terrorists were arrested.
Recommended For You
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835