Al-Qaeda plot to kill Queen Elizabeth foiled
Al-Qaeda had planned to kill the Queen at the Commonwealth meet in Uganda.
New Delhi: The Uganda Government has revealed that al-Qaeda-backed terrorists had hatched a plot to assassinate Commonwealth leaders including Queen Elizabeth II, at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting last November.
Uganda says these terrorists were posing as a TV crew with explosives hidden in a broadcasting van.
Two broadcast vans belonging to the Uganda Broadcasting Corporation laden with home made bombs, were seized by para-military police.
The Queen, Prince Philip, and Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla had all travelled to the east African nation's capital for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in November last year.
The Uganda government says several suspected terrorists were arrested.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines