Queen's Diamond Jubilee: Royal diamond display planned
The exhibition, to be held in August, will feature an unprecedented display of some of the Queen's personal gems.
London: Come August, and the British Queen is to display royal diamonds at an exhibition in Buckingham Palace, to mark her 60 years on the throne, a report said.
The exhibition, which will take place in August and September, will feature an unprecedented display of some of the Queen's personal gems, including those she is said to refer to affectionately as "my best diamonds".
In fact, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations of the diamonds by Royal Collection will chart its association with British monarchs over 200 years, the 'Daily Express' reported.
The diamonds would be worth tens of millions of pounds on the open market - but this collection is priceless due to its history. Among the items on show will be the Girls of Great Britain tiara, which the Queen wore at the state banquet for the Turkish president in November, the report said.
Known as "Granny's tiara", it was a wedding present to the Queen s grandmother, Queen Mary, from the girls of Great Britain and Ireland in 1893. Queen Mary gave it to the Queen, then Princess Elizabeth, as a wedding present in 1947.
Also on display will be the Queen's Williamson Brooch featuring a rare pink diamond said to be the finest in existence, the newspaper said.
Visitors will see the necklace and earrings worn by the Queen at her Coronation in 1953.
The necklace was created in 1858 for Queen Victoria - the only other British monarch to celebrate a diamond jubilee.
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Pakistan to Stage 'Fly-In, Fly-Out' T20 Final in Lahore
- OnePlus Announces Re 1 Diwali Dash Sale: All You Need to Know
- Amazon Great Indian Festive Sale: Top 5 Deals on Smartphones
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead