Quintavalle wins women's 57kg judo
She won from a division that saw all its leading lights fall by the wayside early on.
Beijing: Italy's Giulia Quintavalle was a shock winner of the women's -57kg judo category at the Beijing Olympic Games on Monday.
Quintavalle emerged triumphant from a division that saw all its leading lights fall by the wayside early on.
The Italian, who has never before even medalled at European level, edged out Deborah Gravenstijn of the Netherlands in the final by a small yuko score from an osoto-gari (major outer sweep) throw.
Completing a podium that no-one could have imagined at the start of the day were bronze medallists Ketleyn Quadros of Brazil and Xu Yan of China, neither of whom had ever before challenged for medals at the top level.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL
- Will Act Against Raj Thackeray if he Breaks Law: Fadnavis
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali