RA.One: 3rd B'wood film to cross Rs 100 cr mark
Shah Rukh Khan has left no stone unturned to make his dream project 'RA.One' a success.
New Delhi: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has left no stone unturned to make his dream project RA.One a success and at Rs.150 crore is the third Indian film to cross the Rs.100 crore mark.
"It is possible that this film is the third big-budget movie," said film historian film historian S.M.M. Ausaja.
Akshay Kumar starrer 2009 movie Blue was the first film which was made on a mega budget of Rs.129 crore, while Rajinikanth's blockbuster Endhiran (2010) was made at Rs.190 crore and tops the list.
Shah Rukh has traveled length and breadth of the country to promote his film. He went on an eight-city tour for the film's promotions and collaborated with 25 brands.
If reports are to be believed, Shah Ruk has spent about Rs.52 crore on marketing through tie ups.
Other Bollywood big tickets have been under Rs.100 crore. Aamir Khan's Ghajini cost Rs.65 crore, while Kareena Kapoor starrer Kambakkht Ishq and Harman Baweja's Love Story 2050 were made at Rs.60 crore.
Epic films like Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai starrer Jodha Akbar, Shah Rukh's Devdas and sci-fi film Krrish were made within Rs.50 crore.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Team India, Ravichandran Ashwin Head Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead