'Ra.One' director: Can't make a 'Dark Knight' with SRK
Director Anubhav Sinha claims that audiences identify Shah Rukh Khan with a certain image.
Panaji: Anubhav Sinha, who directed India's first superhero 3D film 'Ra.One' (starring Shah Rukh Khan), says as a child he never read comics, or saw superhero films. Sinha, who traces his roots to Banaras, said that 'Ra.One' was a challenge for him because of this.
"I never read comics as a child. Nor did I get to watch superhero films then....While making the film, I was influenced by the things which I had seen in the superhero movies (later)," the director said during an interaction at NFDC's Film Bazaar, on the sidelines of IFFI 2012 here.
"All the superhero films have pretty much same formula. There are some elements which come automatically," he said, adding that therefore "there is a fear-when movie comes out it should not look like a copy."
To make a superhero film with a star like Shah Rukh Khan furthered narrowed the scope for creative license, because audiences identify King Khan with a certain image, he said. "You can't make a 'Dark Knight' with Shah Rukh. It has to be either Spiderman or Batman."
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"