'Raanjhanaa' dialogues: Come fall in love, the Benarasi style
Here is a compilation of some of the most memorable dialogues from the film.
New Delhi: Falling in love is not a new phenomenon in Bollywood but when it comes to dealing with innocent love, very few directors try to do justice to the feeling. And, Aanand L Rai does complete justice to the emotion called 'love' in his latest film 'Raanjhanaa'.
But more than the songs, it's the romantic and at times witty dialogues that make 'Raanjhanaa' a wonderful watch. 'Raanjhanaa' revolves around the story of a Hindu guy, Kundan (Dhanush) who falls in love with a Muslim girl Zoya (Sonam Kapoor). The film talks about unrequited love, about heartbreak yet still hanging onto the last thread of hope and love till the end.
Here is a compilation of some of the most memorable dialogues from the film:
1. "Humein apne gaal pe thapad se zyada uske gaal pe puppy ka sukh tha", says Dhanush after Sonam Kapoor slaps him. (I was more amused by implanting a kiss on her cheeks rather than her slapping me in return)
2. "Aye rickshaw waale, paise mat lena madam se bhabhi hai tumhari", says Dhanush to the rickshawala. (Don't take money from the madam as she is your sister-in-law)
3. "Aashiq ki tab nahi fatti jab mehbooba ki shaadi ho jaye par tab fatti hai jab khud ki shaadi ho", says Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub when Dhanush cries before his wedding.
4. "Yaar bohot sundar hai. Matlab Katrina Kaif fail hai", says Dhanush to Mohammed Zeeshan. To which Zeeshan replies, "Haan Katrina hi hai kyunki na tuje Katrina pehchanti hai or na ye". (She is more beautiful than Katrina Kaif. Yes indeed she is. Because Katrina recognises you nor Zoya)
5. "Gali ke laundon ka pyaar aksar doctor aur engineer le jaate hai..dil chota na kar", says Mohammed Zehshaan to Dhanush. To which Dhanush replies, "Ye Benaras hai launda yaha bhi nai jeeta toh fir kahan jeetega". (Often doctors and engineers take away the love of guys of Benaras)
6. "Hum khoon bahaein tum aanson bahao..saala aashiqui na ho gaya lathicharge ho gaya", says Dhanush to Sonam Kapoor.
7. "Lanka dahan hona baaki tha kyunki hamara jawaan hona baaki tha", says Dhanush after Sonam Kapoor leaves for Aligarh.
8. "Ek baat main samajh gaya hoon. Ladki aur rocket aapko kahin bhi le jaa sakte hain", says Dhanush.
9. "Mere piche scooter mei baithna padega. Main break maarunga toh mujhpe girna padega. Mere saath naachna-gaana padega. Girlfriend na sahi..feel hi dede", says Dhanush to Sonam Kapoor.
10. "Tumhara pyaar na ho gaya..UPSC ka exam ho gaya. 10 saal se paas hi nai ho raha", says Mohammad Zeeshan to Dhanush.
11. "Namaaz mein vo thi par aisa laga ki dua hamari qabool ho gayi", says Dhanush.
12. "Kundan ke pyjama ka naada itna bhi dheela nahi ki tumhare blouse ke hook se khul jaye", says Dhanush to Swara Bhaskar.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Beat Dabang Mumbai 4-1 to Lift Title
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films