Rabri Made RSS Volunteers Shed Shorts, Says Lalu Prasad
RJD chief Lalu Yadav. (FILE PHOTO)
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Tuesday credited his wife Rabri Devi with making the RSS opt for trousers after shedding the trademark shorts, which its volunteers had worn for 90 years.
"We forced RSS to wear trouser. Rabri Devi had rightly said that they (RSS men) do not have wisdom. Elderly cadres roam freely wearing half pant without shame," Lalu said on Twitter.
Rabri Devi's statement forced them to transform, the RJD supremo said in a series of tweets.
RSS volunteers cast away the khaki shorts, their trademark attire for nine decades, and put on trousers beginning on Tuesday, heralding a generational change in the organisation which is ruling BJP's ideological mentor.
In another tweet, Lalu said, "Right now we have forced them to wear trouser from short. Likewise we will get their mind also become full...not only trouser but their thinking also needs a transformation...we will force them to shun weapon and would not allow them to spread venom."
During an RJD function in Patna in January, former Chief Minister Rabri Devi had made a pointed attack at RSS for its volunteers wearing khaki shorts and "elderly cadres roam freely wearing shorts without feeling shame".
On Vijyadashami, also RSS's foundation day, its volunteers donned smart dark brown trousers in place of khaki shorts at a ceremony in Nagpur attended by its chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet