DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Race Course Metro station reopened for public
The station at Race Course Road was closed from 11 am after BJP youth wing activists announced a march and gherao of the high-security area.
New Delhi: Anticipating protests outside Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's residence, Delhi Metro on sunday closed the Race Course station for nearly three hours on police instruction.
"Race Course Metro station has been reopened for public at 1:51 PM," a Metro official said. The station at Race Course Road was closed for the public from 11 am after BJP youth wing activists announced a march and gherao of the high-security area.
The BJP Yuva Morcha activists, led by its president Anurag Singh Thakur, had announced that they will gherao Singh's residence.
"With this demonstration, we demand that the PM ought to speak up and also demand proper investigation into the scams and cases of corruption against the Congress party and its ministers coming out in the news on a daily basis," Thakur said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835