Radek Stepanek recovers from injury to play Davis Cup
Radek Stepanek says he has recovered from a back injury and is available to play for defending champion Czech Republic in next month's Davis Cup quarter-final.
Prague: Radek Stepanek says he has recovered from a back injury and is available to play for defending champion Czech Republic in next month's Davis Cup quarterfinal at Kazakhstan.
The injury prevented Stepanek from playing in the first round at Switzerland in February, when the Czechs won 3-2.
On Facebook, Stepanek said on Thursday he has resumed training in Florida and "I'm looking forward to returning to the team. I've missed it."
Czech captain Jaroslav Navratil will name the squad next week for the April 5-7 tie in Astana. Stepanek is a key player for the Czechs. He and Tomas Berdych played all five rubbers when the Czechs beat Spain 3-2 in the final last November in Prague.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience