DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Radek Stepanek recovers from injury to play Davis Cup
Radek Stepanek says he has recovered from a back injury and is available to play for defending champion Czech Republic in next month's Davis Cup quarter-final.
Prague: Radek Stepanek says he has recovered from a back injury and is available to play for defending champion Czech Republic in next month's Davis Cup quarterfinal at Kazakhstan.
The injury prevented Stepanek from playing in the first round at Switzerland in February, when the Czechs won 3-2.
On Facebook, Stepanek said on Thursday he has resumed training in Florida and "I'm looking forward to returning to the team. I've missed it."
Czech captain Jaroslav Navratil will name the squad next week for the April 5-7 tie in Astana. Stepanek is a key player for the Czechs. He and Tomas Berdych played all five rubbers when the Czechs beat Spain 3-2 in the final last November in Prague.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi