DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Radha' gets Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri in trouble
A court in Muzaffarpur directed the police to lodge a case against Khan, his wife and director Karan Johar.
Muzaffarpur (Bihar): A court in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district today directed the police to lodge a case against actor Shah Rukh Khan, his wife Gauri Khan, director Karan Johar and others for allegedly hurting Hindu religious sentiments by depicting deity Radha in an inappropriate manner in the film 'Student of the Year'.
Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh passed the order on a complaint filed by an advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha. In the order, the court directed for registration of a case against the accused persons at Sadar police station and investigation in the matter.
In the complaint filed under sections 294 (Obscene acts and songs to the annoyance of others), 295 (deliberate and malicious act intended to hurt religious feelings and 295A (injuring or defiling place of worship intent to insult the religion) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), Ojha alleged Hindu deity Radha was obscenely presented in a song in the movie.
The film's actors Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and Siddharth Malhotra and the Dharma Production, which produced the film in partnership with Khan's production company - M/S Red Chillies Entertainment, have also been made parties in the case.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan