Noida: Man kills wife, tries to pass it off as a suicide
Police said the man had booked a room in Hotel Radisson to surprise his wife but things went wrong when the couple had a fight.
Noida: A man was arrested on Friday for allegedly killing his wife in a five-star hotel in Noida in Uttar Pradesh. He also allegedly tried to write a note to pass off the murder as a suicide.
Twenty-four-year-old Akansha Khosla, a resident of Delhi, was found dead in a room of Hotel Radisson in Sector 18 in Noida on Friday evening. SSP Praveen Kumar said the hotel staff found the woman dead round 6.30 pm.
Initially, police thought that Akansha had committed suicide as a note recovered from the room stated that the couple was facing some differences with parents beside financial problems. The note also said that she was committing suicide and that her husband too would die by jumping from a tower in Sector 25.
When a police team went to Sector 25, they could not trace her husband. However, her husband Ishan Khosla on Friday night turned up at the police station and allegedly confessed to have killed his wife. Ishan told police that they got married in June 2011 but did not get along.
Committing to the crime, Ishaan allegedly told police that he smothered Akansha to death with a pillow and planned to commit suicide but could not do so. He had reportedly booked the hotel room to surprise his wife but things went wrong when the couple got into an argument.
"The victim was studying in Noida and her husband worked as a telemarketer. The couple lived in Rohini in west Delhi," SP City Yogesh Singh said. The suicide note recovered from the spot was written by Ishan, police said.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor