Radwanska, Kerber register easy wins in second round
Radwanska beat Irina-Camelia Begu 6-3 6-3, while Kerber beat Lucie Hradecka 6-3 6-1 at the Melbourne Park.
Melbourne: Agnieszka Radwanska continued her 2013 unbeaten streak, extending it to 11 matches, with a comfortable 6-3 6-3 second round victory over Romania's Irina-Camelia Begu at the Australian Open on Wednesday.
The world number four, who won the Auckland and Sydney tournaments before the grand slam began and is yet to drop a set this year, will now meet either Ksenia Pervak or Heather Watson in the third round.
Fifth seed Angelique Kerber also advanced to the third round when she managed to overcome a feisty Lucie Hradecka 6-3 6-1 in 69 minutes.
Kerber, like Radwanska, dropped the first service game of the match before clicking into gear in the second set and sealing a clash against either American wild card Madison Keys or Austria's Tamira Paszek with an ace.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw