Radwanska, Kerber register easy wins in second round
Radwanska beat Irina-Camelia Begu 6-3 6-3, while Kerber beat Lucie Hradecka 6-3 6-1 at the Melbourne Park.
Melbourne: Agnieszka Radwanska continued her 2013 unbeaten streak, extending it to 11 matches, with a comfortable 6-3 6-3 second round victory over Romania's Irina-Camelia Begu at the Australian Open on Wednesday.
The world number four, who won the Auckland and Sydney tournaments before the grand slam began and is yet to drop a set this year, will now meet either Ksenia Pervak or Heather Watson in the third round.
Fifth seed Angelique Kerber also advanced to the third round when she managed to overcome a feisty Lucie Hradecka 6-3 6-1 in 69 minutes.
Kerber, like Radwanska, dropped the first service game of the match before clicking into gear in the second set and sealing a clash against either American wild card Madison Keys or Austria's Tamira Paszek with an ace.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Timeline of Criminal Defamation Case Filed Against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- HC Dismisses Kejriwal's Plea to Stay Defamation Case Filed by Arun Jaitley
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18