Rafael Nadal beats Nicolas Almagro to win 8th Barcelona Open
It was Nadal's 54th career title and fourth this year, having made six straight finals after returning from a knee injury.
Barcelona: Rafael Nadal won the Barcelona Open for the eighth time on Sunday after seeing off Nicolas Almagro 6-4, 6-3 in the final. Almagro took it to Nadal early on and built a 3-0 lead, but Nadal found his form and broke his fellow Spaniard in three of his next four service games to take the initiative for good.
It was Nadal's 54th career title and fourth this year, having made six straight finals after returning from a knee injury that had kept him off the courts since last summer.
The title comes one week after Nadal's eight-year reign at Monte Carlo ended in a loss to world No. 1 Novak Djokovic.
Nadal has won all 10 meetings with the 12th-ranked Almagro. He has won 39 straight matches on the red clay at Real Club de Tenis, with his last loss coming 10 years ago.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines