DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rafael Nadal pulls out of Abu Dhabi with stomach bug
Rafael Nadal says doctors have ordered him to pull out of what was to have been his first comeback tournament.
Madrid: Rafael Nadal says doctors have ordered him to pull out of what was to have been his first comeback tournament after a seven-month hiatus nursing a knee injury.
The 26-year-old Spaniard said on his Facebook page Tuesday that a fever caused by a stomach infection has forced him to pull out of an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi on Dec. 27.
Nadal says "Everything had been prepared," adding that he was very keen to return to the Middle East competition but doctors had told him his body needs rest "to fight this stomach virus."
The tournament would have been Nadal's first competitive action since being sidelined with tendinitis in his left knee following a second-round loss to then 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan