Rafael Nadal pulls out of Abu Dhabi with stomach bug
Rafael Nadal says doctors have ordered him to pull out of what was to have been his first comeback tournament.
Madrid: Rafael Nadal says doctors have ordered him to pull out of what was to have been his first comeback tournament after a seven-month hiatus nursing a knee injury.
The 26-year-old Spaniard said on his Facebook page Tuesday that a fever caused by a stomach infection has forced him to pull out of an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi on Dec. 27.
Nadal says "Everything had been prepared," adding that he was very keen to return to the Middle East competition but doctors had told him his body needs rest "to fight this stomach virus."
The tournament would have been Nadal's first competitive action since being sidelined with tendinitis in his left knee following a second-round loss to then 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology