Rafael Nadal rallies to beat David Ferrer in 3 sets in Madrid
Nadal fought back to beat Ferrer 4-6, 7-6 (3), 6-0 in quarter-finals of the Madrid Open.
Madrid: Rafael Nadal fought back to beat David Ferrer 4-6, 7-6 (3), 6-0 in Friday's quarter-finals of the Madrid Open, keeping alive his bid to reach a seventh straight final since returning from injury.
In a meeting of Spain's top ranked players, Ferrer's baseline game on the red clay almost proved too much for the fifth-seeded Nadal.
But Nadal held on to force a third set and won six straight games to improve his career record against Ferrer to 18-4.
Nadal will play either Pablo Andujar or Kei Nishikori of Japan in the semifinals.
The Spaniard has won four titles this year since being sidelined for several months with tendinitis in his left knee.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka