Rafael Nadal to play in Brazil Open next month
Rafael Nadal has entered the Brazil Open next month, which could mark his first tennis action since Wimbledon.
Sao Paulo: Rafael Nadal has entered the Brazil Open next month, which could mark his first tennis action since Wimbledon. Organizers of the Sao Paulo tournament announced the entry of the 11-time Grand Slam winner on Tuesday.
Nadal hasn't played tennis since June, mainly because of tendinitis in his left knee. He was scheduled to play in an Abu Dhabi exhibition event last month, but a stomach virus forced him to withdraw and skip the Australian Open.
The Brazil Open starts on Feb. 11. He's also entered the Mexican Open in Acapulco from Feb. 25. He won both tournaments the only previous time he entered them in 2005.
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif