Network18 MD wins Impact Person of the Year award
Bahl shared the award with IPL Chairman and Commissioner Lalit Modi.
Mumbai: Network18 Managing Director Raghav Bahl has won the Impact Person of the Year 2008 Editorial Choice award.
The award is one of the most prestigious awards in the field of media and marketing and is special as the voting is done by one's peers. Bahl shared the award with Indian Premier League (IPL) Chairman and Commissioner Lalit Modi.
"Few people know that this huge business conglomerate was not inherited by Mr Bahl. He has built it out of sheer will power and journalistic ethics. During my long career as an editor, Raghav did not once ask me to drop any story or carry any story or do a plug, or do any favour to anyone. That is something very few editors around the world can boast of," said Senthil Chengalavaryan President and Group Editorial Director of Business Media, Network18.
The awards were presented at a glittering ceremony in Mumbai on Friday.
IBN Network Editor Rajdeep Sardesai had won the Impact Person of the Year award 2006.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC