Network18 MD wins Impact Person of the Year award
Bahl shared the award with IPL Chairman and Commissioner Lalit Modi.
Mumbai: Network18 Managing Director Raghav Bahl has won the Impact Person of the Year 2008 Editorial Choice award.
The award is one of the most prestigious awards in the field of media and marketing and is special as the voting is done by one's peers. Bahl shared the award with Indian Premier League (IPL) Chairman and Commissioner Lalit Modi.
"Few people know that this huge business conglomerate was not inherited by Mr Bahl. He has built it out of sheer will power and journalistic ethics. During my long career as an editor, Raghav did not once ask me to drop any story or carry any story or do a plug, or do any favour to anyone. That is something very few editors around the world can boast of," said Senthil Chengalavaryan President and Group Editorial Director of Business Media, Network18.
The awards were presented at a glittering ceremony in Mumbai on Friday.
IBN Network Editor Rajdeep Sardesai had won the Impact Person of the Year award 2006.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights