DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan freed, no clean chit given
The Pakistani singer has been asked to appear before the authorities on February 17.
New Delhi: A day after he was detained at the Delhi airport on charges of carrying undisclosed foreign currency, Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was released on Monday after interrogation by officials of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI).
Rahat, along with two of his colleagues Maroof and Chitresh Shrivastava, have been asked to appear before the DIR on February 17, informed sources said.
Rahat was released after an assurance by the Pakistan High Commission that he will cooperate with the probe, the sources added.
However, he will not be allowed to leave India for the time being, the source said.
Rahat was detained at New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport on Sunday on his way back to Pakistan after attending concerts and award functions in India. More than $100,000 were recovered from the 15-member troupe.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan