Rahat Fateh Ali Khan freed, no clean chit given
The Pakistani singer has been asked to appear before the authorities on February 17.
New Delhi: A day after he was detained at the Delhi airport on charges of carrying undisclosed foreign currency, Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was released on Monday after interrogation by officials of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI).
Rahat, along with two of his colleagues Maroof and Chitresh Shrivastava, have been asked to appear before the DIR on February 17, informed sources said.
Rahat was released after an assurance by the Pakistan High Commission that he will cooperate with the probe, the sources added.
However, he will not be allowed to leave India for the time being, the source said.
Rahat was detained at New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport on Sunday on his way back to Pakistan after attending concerts and award functions in India. More than $100,000 were recovered from the 15-member troupe.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone