Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
File photo of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
Bulandshahr: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday lauded Narendra Modi for the surgical strikes carried out by the Army across the Line of Control (LoC), saying it was his "first action" befitting a Prime Minister in two-and-a-half years.
Rahul, who is in Uttar Pradesh for his Kisan Yatra, said at a road show that he and his party stand by the Prime Minister's decision.
"When the Prime Minister acts as the prime minister of the country then I too support him...I want to thank him that in the past two-and-a-half years, this is the first action which can be termed as befitting the prime minister," the Congress Vice President said.
Rahul, who has been criticising Modi during his ongoing Deoria to Delhi 'kisan yatra', was all praise for the Prime Minister a day after India carried out surgical strikes on seven terror launch pads across the LoC with the Army inflicting "significant casualties" on terrorists preparing to infiltrate from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).
Rahul said, "He (Modi) has my full support and that of the Congress party...the entire nation is standing with him today."
He also paid tributes to the jawans who were prepared to make the supreme sacrifice to safeguard the country.
Recommended For You
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up