Raikkonen confident of doing well in Indian GP
Last year this time, the Finn was driving in the World Rally Championship after nine seasons racing in Formula One.
New Delhi: Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen, who would be driving at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) for the first time, said he is confident of doing well in the race. Last year this time, the Finn was driving in the World Rally Championship after nine seasons racing in Formula One. He made a comeback to F1 at the start of this season joining the British team.
"India is a brand new place for me. Like with Korea, I've never been to the country before which means I've never seen the circuit properly. I'm not like other drivers, so I haven't driven the simulator to learn it," I like to go to different places and the challenge of driving a new circuit is always interesting. So far I've learnt tracks after a few laps in Free Practice. I didn't have any problems learning the Yeongam circuit that way, and I don't expect to have any issues here either," he was quoted as saying by the Formula 1 website ahead of the October 26-28 event.
Raikkonen's teammate Romain Grosjean, who was a test driver for the team in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix, said he was excited about racing on a new track.
"I was at the circuit with the team last year in my role as third driver and it was fascinating to see F1 come to a new venue like India. The track is very impressive, in the middle of what is a massive facility," he said. "The layout looks very interesting, with some slow corners and high speed sections as well. I'm sure it will be a great track to drive."
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18