Raikkonen finishes fastest in second practice at Malaysian GP
The Lotus driver sent a clear message that his victory at the Australian GP was no fluke, as he edged triple world champion Vettel by .019 seconds.
Sepang: Kimi Raikkonen continued his surprisingly strong start to the Formula One season, posting the fastest time in second practice at the Malaysian Grand Prix, outpacing defending champion Sebastian Vettel before rain hit the circuit on Friday.
The Lotus driver sent a clear message that his victory at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix was no fluke, as he edged triple world champion Vettel of Red Bull by .019 seconds.
Ferrari's Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso came in third and fourth followed by Vettel's team-mate Mark Webber, who earlier was fastest in the first practice session. It was another disappointing day for McLaren, which has struggled since revamping its race car in the offseason.
Sergio Perez, who joined McLaren from Sauber for this season was 11th followed by 2009 champion Jenson Button in 12th.
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji