Railway bribery case: Court may take cognisance on chargesheet
CBI, in its chargesheet filed against 10 accused, has alleged Vijay Singla had demanded Rs 10 crore from then Member of Railway Board Mahesh Kumar for promotion.
New Delhi: A Delhi court is likely to decide on the CBI's chargesheet in the 10 crore cash-for-post Railway bribery scandal on Thursday. Former railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal's nephew Vijay Singla and nine others are accused in the case.
The court said it would go through the charge sheet, which was filed before it on Tuesday, and the documents attached with it to arrive at a conclusion on taking cognisance of it.
"I have not seen the charge sheet properly. I have not taken cognisance. Documents are to be filed in the court (by CBI). I will first go through the charge sheet and then I will decide on taking cognisance," Special CBI Judge Swarana Kanta Sharma said.
CBI, in its chargesheet filed against 10 accused, has alleged Singla had demanded Rs 10 crore from then Member (Staff) of Railway Board Mahesh Kumar, an accused in the case, for his appointment as Member (Electrical).
The agency said it was decided between the accused that Rs five crore will be paid before the appointment and the rest of the money will be paid after the job was done.
(With Additional Information From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films