Railway infrastructure to be upgraded for MMTS
HYDERABAD: The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure approved the upgradation of railway infrastructure for introduction of Phase II..
HYDERABAD: The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure approved the upgradation of railway infrastructure for introduction of Phase II of Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS) in the twin cities.
The total expenditure for execution of the phase-II works is Rs 632.68 crore.
Two-thirds of this -- Rs 421.79 crore will be borne by the state and the remaining will be funded from the gross budgetary support of Indian Railways.
The state government already gave approval for the MMTS phase-II and agreed to finance 65 per cent of the cost for the project.
Under phase II, a 15.6-km rail line will be laid between Umdanagar and Shamshabad to provide connectivity to the international airport at Shamshabad which includes doubling of line, electrification of tracks between Falaknuma and Umdanagar at an estimated cost of `100 crore.
On the Tellapur-Patancheru stretch, restoration of tracks and electrification works have to be taken up and on the Secunderabad-Bollarum stretch too, electrification works should be taken up.
On the Sanathnagar-Moula Ali line, Moula Ali-Malkajgiri-Sitaphalmandi, Bollarum-Medchal stretches doubling and electrification would have to be taken up for MMTS connectivity.
Recommended For You
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- Film ReviewMoana Movie Review: This Disney Adventure is Magical and Inspirational
- Creative!Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai Makes It To The IIT Guwahati Examination Paper